Summer on Long Island
The hot weather has arrived and there is definitely no shortage of entertaining things to do on Long Island. Everyone knows that Long Island is the perfect place to spend a day at the beach, but there are so many other options as well! The list below truly exemplifies the perfect Long Island summer.
- Long Island Explorium – 101 E Broadway, Port Jefferson, New York 11777
- Long Island Explorium features lively, hands-on nautical activities, science-themed exhibits, and other activities for children.
- Brookhaven Ecology Site – 249 Buckley Rd, Holtsville, New York 11742
- The Brookhaven Ecology Site is the perfect place to take your kids to admire and learn about animals!
- Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery and Aquarium – 1660 NY-25A, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724
- Kid-friendly learning center with freshwater aquariums and outdoor ponds for trout feeding and fishing.
- Long Island Aquarium – 431 E Main St, Riverhead, New York 11901
- Since 2000, the Long Island Aquarium has been an extremely popular place for people of all ages. It’s known for its 20,000-gallon coral reef display tanks, which is one of the largest all-living coral displays in the western hemisphere.
- Long Island Game Farm – 489 Chapman Blvd, Manorville, New York 11949
- The Long Island Game Farm is home to over 200 animals. It’s the perfect place to spend the day with family or friends.
- Planting Fields Arboretum – 1395 Planting Fields Rd, Oyster Bay, New York 11771
- Planting Fields Arboretum is a state park which covers over 400 acres of greenhouses, formal gardens, woodland paths, amazing plant collections, and more!
- Long Island Maritime Museum – 88 West Ave, West Sayville, New York 11796
- Long Island Maritime Museum was founded in 1966 and is located on the West Sayville waterfront. It’s a great place for a family picnic or even a date!
- Merrick Mountain – 1600 Merrick Rd, Merrick, New York 11566
- Norman J. Levy Park, or Merrick Mountain, is a refurbished landfill which is now a plant and wildlife sanctuary. If you’re on your way to Jones Beach, look for the windmill on top of the hill. This park includes 3 miles of hiking and jogging trails, a 500-foot fishing pier, 18 exercise stations, and more!
- Boomers Long Island – 655 Long Island Ave, Medford, New York 11763
- Boomers Long Island offers acres of fun and excitement. Featuring tons of exciting rides, go-karts, miniature golf, bumper boats, batting cages and more, Boomers Long Island is the perfect place to enjoy a hot summer day!
Don’t wait until the end of Summer to get the greatest deals with Competition BMW of Smithtown! Visit our dealership at 599 Middle Country Rd, St James, New York 11780 to take a look at some of our brand new vehicles such as the brand new 2020 BMW 7 Series or the 2019 BMW X1. Whether you’re looking for a brand new car or something pre-owned, our fantastic team will readily assist you in finding the car of your dreams. Contact us at 631-265-2208 to speak with a Sales Consultant or to learn more about our vehicle specials.