Perfect Public Parks for Spring picnics
Warmer weather is finally headed our way, and what better way to celebrate than with a Spring picnic in the park? Down below is a list of 10 beautiful parks, perfect for a picnic on a sunny Spring day!
- Lakeside park with baseball fields, basketball & handball courts, plus a fishing pier & picnic area.
- Lake Shore Rd, Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Blydenburgh County Park– 631-854-3712
- Forested park offering hiking trails, a playground, picnic areas & a pond for rowboats & fishing.
- Veteran’s Memorial Highway, Smithtown, NY 11788
Robert J. Henke Nature Preserve Passive Park
- Asphalt path measuring approximately .35 Mile, with trails in the woods and plenty of benches
- 100 Pond Path, Lake Grove, NY 11755
Hidden Pond Park- 631-232-3222
- Nature trails, sports fields & picnicking, plus an Olympic-size pool & ice-skating facility.
- 660 Terry Rd, Hauppauge, NY 11788
Bethpage State Park– 516-249-0700
- Bethpage State Park is a 1,477-acre New York state park on the border of Nassau County and Suffolk County. Visitors flock to the park to use the park’s picnic facilities, playing fields, tennis courts, bridle paths, hiking and biking trails, and cross-country skiing trails.
- 99 Quaker Meeting House Rd, Farmingdale, NY 11735
Heckscher State Park– 631-581-2100
- Heckscher State Park is a 1,657-acre state park on the shore of the Great South Bay at East Islip which includes grills, trails, picnic tables, playgrounds, etc.
- 1 Heckscher State Parkway, East Islip, NY 11730
Caleb Smith State Park– 631-265-1054
- Caleb Smith State Park Preserve is a state park located in Suffolk County that includes a gift shop, museum/visitors center, nature trails, and more!
- 581 W Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
Lakeland County Park– 631-853-2727
- This 70 acre, fully accessible park facility was designed for the disabled and their families. It includes a nature trail-boardwalk over the Connetquot River and also includes basketball courts, bird watching, hiking, picnic areas, etc.
- Johnson Ave, Islandia, NY 11749
Connetquot River State Park Preserve– 631-581-1005
- Connetquot River State Park Preserve maintains 3,473 acres of land and water for the protection and propagation of game birds, fish, and animals, you can also take advantage of the bridle path, gift shop, museum/ visitors center, nature trails and more!
- 3525 Sunrise Hwy, Oakdale, NY 11769
- Great for launching rowboats and kayaks, fishing, relaxing. A small little jewel in the heart of busy Smithtown. Paddle along for 5.5 miles of the unspoiled nature of Suffolk County’s north shore. Call in advance for Tidal Information. 631-979-8244
- Smithtown, NY 11787
From Montauk to Hempstead, Competition BMW of Smithtown can help find the perfect luxury car for you, suited perfectly to your needs! Stop into our Competition BMW showroom at 599 Middle Country Rd. Smithtown New York, 11780, to see a vehicle in person or contact us at 631-265-2208!