Outdoor Adventures on Long Island
Everyone loves a good adventure! With summer being right around the corner, you just might want some adventurous ideas that are worthy of your 2019 bucket-list! Read on to find out more about what Long Island summer adventures await you!
Camp at Wildwood State Park – 631-929-4314
- 790 Hulse Landing Road, Wading River, New York 11792
- 600 acres of hardwood forest that offers 12 miles of hiking trails, biking, fishing, playgrounds, and a bluff that overlooks the Long Island Sound. For more information on park permits, visit Wildwood State Park Reservations.
Montauk Point Lighthouse – 631-668-2544
- 2000 Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY 11954
- Offers a museum, gift shop, tours, etc. The Montauk Point Lighthouse is the oldest lighthouse in New York State and the fourth oldest lighthouse in the United States.
“Fat-Biking” on the Beach
- Rent a bike and take the ferry from Bayshore, Sayville, or Patchogue to Fire Island, Long Island’s 32-mile-long barrier island. Ride on the trails through dunes or on the ocean shore, If you get tired, roll a blanket out onto the beach, relax for a while, or go for a swim! Spend the rest of the night in one of Fire Island’s communities, where you’ll find charming little attractions and restaurants.
- Head out east and take a trip with sky sailors who can show you an adventure of a lifetime via tandem parachuting, gliders, and more!
Kayaking on the Nissequogue River
- Rent a kayak and head out on the water for a day of fun and relaxation on this calm, winding river. See various bird species and marine wildlife throughout your adventure. It is said that the best place to end this journey is at the Paul T. Given County Park, off of Rt. 25A. There is a set of stairs that lead into the water, where you can dock and get out, with a parking area close by.
Adventureland – 631-694-6868
- 2245 Broadhollow Rd, Farmingdale, New York 11735
- Long Island’s favorite family amusement park since 1962! Adventureland features over 30 adult and kiddie rides, an arcade, a restaurant, and a gift shop. If you’re searching for adventure, you’re sure to find it here! It’s even in their name! Parking and admission are always free.
Heading home from your newest adventure, stop in and visit our Competition BMW of Smithtown showroom at 599 Middle Country Rd, St James, New York 11780, to see some of our newest models in person, such as the 2019 BMW 6 Series or the 2019 BMW X1. Whether you’re looking for something brand new or pre-owned, our skillful staff would be more than happy to help you find the perfect vehicle to suit you and your driving habits. Contact us at 631-265-2208 to learn more about our vehicle specials or speak with a Sales Consultant today!