Long Island’s Hidden Gems
All across Long Island, throughout Nassau County and Suffolk County, there are places that many Long Islanders have yet to explore. Here is a list of gems across the Island, that you definitely won’t regret visiting!
Lakeland County Park– 631-853-2727(seasonal)/631-854-4949(administration)
- In Islandia, there is a wooded refuge, offering a winding maze of handicapped accessible trails to explore. Signs will show you the way to isolated benches that overlook a beautiful pond.
- Johnson Ave, Islandia, NY 11749
- Southards Pond is 19 acres of pure paradise, just south of Sunrise Highway. Here, you can enjoy fishing and walking or jogging along long trails and footbridges.
- Babylon, New York 11702
- Right along a stream, surrounded by trees and gardens, lies a 432-acre wonderland hidden within the heart of Massapequa.
- Massapequa Preserve, Oyster Bay, NY
Garvies Point Museum Preserve– 516-571-8010
- The Garvies Point Preserve consists of 62 acres of masses of glacial rock and sediment, covered by forests and meadows. There are about 5 miles of marked trails for the visually impaired, and tons more wooded areas with a wide variety of plant life, attracting more than 140 species of birds.
- 50 Barry Dr, Glen Cove, NY 11542
LongHouse Reserve– 361-329-3568
- A 16-acre reserve and sculpture garden located in East Hampton, open to the public for a nominal fee, which also features pieces from Buckminster Fuller, Yoko Ono, and Willem de Kooning to name just a few.
- 133 Handscreek Rd, East Hampton, New York 11937
Vanderbilt Planetarium– 631-854-5555
- A mansion and a museum, set on 43 acres, including the planetarium, the Gold Coast Mansion, and amazing museum exhibits.
- 180 Little Neck Rd, Centerport, NY 11721
Nassau County Museum of Art– 516-484-9338
- This 145-acre property showing off art exhibits throughout a sculpture park, and beautiful walking trails and gardens
- Admission $12 adults, $8 seniors (62+), $4 children(4-12), Free under 4, $4 students(with valid ID), members free at all times.
- 1 Museum Dr, Roslyn Harbor, New York 11576
Parrish Art Museum– 631-283-7006
- Here, at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill, New York, there are 15 temporary exhibitions on display each year. The Parrish Art Museum produces over 100 public programs-films, music, etc.- and offers a year-round schedule of classes and workshops.
- 279 Montauk Highway, Water Mill, New York 11976
Whether you are in Port Jefferson visiting Danford’s Hotel & Marina, or you’re roaming the Stony Brook Grist Mill in Stony Brook, stop into our Competition BMW of Smithtown showroom at 599 Middle Country Rd. St James, New York 11780 to see a model in person or contact us at 631-265-2208 to speak with a Sales Consultant!