What is BMW Assist?
As part of BMW’s global ConnectedDrive initiative, BMW Assist combines GPS location technology with hands-free wireless communication. The BMW Assist system helps deliver safety, security, and convenience benefits to enhance your BMW driving experience.
BMW Assist connects the driver with a trained response specialist any time, day or night, for help with almost anything, from an emergency situation to directions and traffic information.
BMW Assist Main Features
Automatic Collision Notification
- In the event of a severe accident, the BMW Assist system automatically transmits the vehicle’s location and crash data to a response specialist who identifies the vehicle in question. A second response specialist will request dispatch of emergency services to the vehicle’s location.
Emergency Request (SOS)
- The SOS button or “Emergency” button will transmit the vehicle’s locations and other important vehicle data to the BMW Assist Response Center. A response specialist will speak with the driver/passengers to determine what help is needed. The response specialist will offer to request dispatch of emergency services or BMW Roadside Assistance to the vehicle’s location, notify their emergency contacts, or provide emergency directions to the nearest police station or hospital. If desired, the response specialist will stay on the line until help arrives.
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- In the event of a flat tire, empty gas tank, or any other vehicle problem, BMW Assist will contact appropriate help to send to the vehicle’s location.
- With TeleService, the vehicle can detect its service status and upcoming service needs and automatically or manually send the information to your local service center.
- Contact BMW Assist Response Center if you’ve locked your keys in the car. Once you confirm your name and password, a specialist can send a signal to your vehicle to unlock the driver’s door.
Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- If your vehicle has been stolen, Stolen Vehicle Recovery can help you locate your vehicle and help the police find and recover it.
- Concierge Service will send your navigation system directions to local points of interest.
- Send Google Maps locations to your car from a home or office computer.
- Bluetooth hands-free calling, which features speech recognition, dialing by name or number, steering wheel controls, and access to your phonebook.
Stop by Competition BMW of Smithtown and explore our large inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles. Test-drive vehicles like the 2020 BMW X5 or the 2020 BMW M4. Schedule a service online or contact us at (888) 734-3331 with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to seeing you at our BMW dealership located at 599 Middle Country Road, Saint James, NY!