The 2018 BMW X3 Will Soon Arrive in New York
BMW has announced that the 2018 BMW X3 will be arriving this November, but the details for the vehicle have been generating a lot of excitement for those who are listening. The X3 falls into the premium compact Sport Activity Vehicle (SAV) segment, which means that it is capable of carrying everything that you need, while still being able to excite you during your drive. BMW vehicles are known to be quick, comfortable, and stylish. The X3 hits the mark for all of these traditional aspects, but introduces a lot of new features for a BMW vehicle as well.
The X3 has a few choices for which engine will power it. The base is a 2-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo Inline 4-cylinder that puts out 240 horsepower and can go from 0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds. Another choice is a 3-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder that creates 300 horsepower and can go from 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds.
If you are looking for a bit more to go towards performance, the BMW X3 is the first SAV to have the M Sport Package available to it. The BMW X3 M40i is the top performance model with a 3-liter M Performance TwinPower Turbo 6-cylinder inline engine that will put out 355 horsepower, giving it the best in segment 0 to 60 time of 4.6 seconds. This provides all of the essential pieces of the M Aerodynamic kit, Shadowline exterior trim, and 19-inch M Double-Spoke Wheels with all Season Run Flat Tires or Performance Run Flat tires. Even the interior comes with upgraded features including an M Sport leather steering wheel, M door sill finishers, and a SensaTec upholstered dashboard.
The X3 includes interior controls to maximize driver and passenger comfort. 3-zone automatic climate control allows the front and rear seats to set their own temperatures so that everyone can be as comfortable as possible. An available 9.8-inch extension to the panoramic glass moonroof will give passengers the feeling of more room in their vehicle, while the individual adjustments of the backrests in the back actually do increase the available room from 28.7 feet cubed, to 62.7 feet cubed.
Looking at the X3 makes you realize that it can confidently perform off-road, but still has the elegance to impress anyone who sees it. The new design features include a kidney grille that will give a “three dimensional” look, fog lights in a hexagonal design, and tail light housings to outline the optional Adaptive LED and Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights. The downward-sloping roof spoiler and twin exhaust tailpipes work to show off the performance aspects of the vehicle. The X3 is the first to introduce a factory-installed trailer hitch in a BMW SAV so that you can easily add your equipment onto it.
The 2018 BMW X3 will have several available packages to choose from:
- Driver Assistance Plus- Including innovative technology to make your X3 one of the safest vehicles on the road, this package includes Active blind Spot Detection, Active Driving Assistant with Lane Departure warning, and more.
- xLine- This package is for those who want the most luxurious design features, including silver matte elements, exclusive wheels, and more.
- Lighting Package- For optimal visibility, this package lets you choose Xenon Adaptive or Adaptive Full LED headlights for your low and high beams, daytime running lights, and cornering headlights so you always know what is ahead.
- Cold Weather Package- With many heated elements, including the steering wheel and seats, let your X3 keep you comfortable no matter how cold the winter gets.
- Technology Package- If you are one of the people that want to make sure they have all of the latest tech, you will love the Head-Up Display, Navigation, and remote services included in this package.
Choose your BMW at Competition BMW of Smithtown
While awaiting the arrival of the new 2018 BMW X3, make sure to check out the current BMW offers, as there has never been a better time to capitalize on 2017 models. We can show you any vehicle that you are interested in, and will get you on a test drive as soon as possible. Any of our BMW models would be perfect for customers in the Long Island, NY area because of the comfort, luxury, and performance excellence they provide.
Click here to view our current inventory of new BMW X3 vehicles!