How To Change BMW Door Panels
Learning how to remove BMW door panels to reach interior components such as the side airbag, door latch, door mirror, and door speaker may save you time and money that you would otherwise spend on expert servicing. Although there is no shame in scheduling maintenance, we know that the most satisfied drivers are those who understand how their vehicles function in real-world situations.
That’s why we’ve put up a lesson that covers everything you need to know about removing BMW door panels quickly, safely, and effortlessly.
Tips and Tricks
It is recommended to have spare door panel clips available before removing them, as they sometimes break during the removal process. Have vapor barrier sealant on available if you need to remove the vapor/moisture barrier. When removing the vapor barrier, use extreme caution since it tears easily and, if reinstalled with a tear, an internal water leak might emerge.
T20 Torx Bit Screwdriver is an essential and must-have instrument for this replacement procedure.
How to Replace BMW Door Panels
For first-timers, each door should take you about 10 to 20 minutes. Carefully follow the instructions step-by-step to ensure safe removal and replacement of your door panels:
- Gently pry away the driver’s door panel trim piece with a plastic prying tool. Begin prying off at the edge and work your way into the inside of the vehicle, carefully levering the trim piece off the door panel.
- Remove three T20 Torx fasteners from the driver’s door panel next.
- Gently pry away the passenger’s door panel trim piece with a plastic prying tool, same as how you did for the driver’s door panel.
- Next, gently pull away the door handle trim piece using a plastic prying tool.
- Remove the four T20 Torx fasteners from the passenger’s door panel.
- Release door panel clips with a door panel clip tool. It is preferred to start at the bottom corner and work my way around the door panel, releasing all other clips as you go.
- Pull the top of the door panel straight off the window seal clips after the door panel clips have been detached. Begin at the outside border of the door and work your way in.
- Detach the upper clips after the bottom clips have been disengaged.
- Pull the door panel back enough to expose the electrical connector for the speaker, then unplug by pulling straight off.
- Then, by removing the tab and pulling out, unclip and remove the cable from the door handle.
- Disconnect the electrical connector for the power window switch by squeezing the release tab and opening the lever. Then, at the bottom of the door, unplug the electrical connector for the entry light. Remove the door panel from the car once all electrical connectors have been unplugged and separated.
Shop for Genuine BMW Parts at Competition BMW
Competition BMW of Smithtown is a family-run business that has been serving Long Island’s North and South Shores for over 50 years. We are pleased to inform you that we always offer a large range of New, Certified Pre-Owned, Pre-Owned, and Off-Brand Cars to suit any budget!
To make the automotive purchase process as simple as possible, we provide at-home test drives as well as a customisable ordering tool for any interested consumers.
Along with at-home test drives, we emphasize health and safety precautions, so you can be confident that when you visit our Selden dealership, your well-being is always a top priority!
Please contact us if you have any questions or need more information!